We’re seeking an energetic, patient, compassionate, and competent individual to join our fast-paced, service-oriented team. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with and knowledge of standard office operations and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, digital calendars, multi-line phones, and basic office equipment
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- The ability to maintain confidential information, take initiative, and be dependable and flexible. Three to four times a year, staff meetings are held when the Center closes at 1 pm.
The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 9 am- 1 pm at the Fearrington Cares Center
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering telephone requests and inquiries weekdays between 9 am-1 pm, as well as retrieving and responding to voice mail messages
- Greeting and assisting residents who visit the Center
- Entering data into the database
- Coordinating requests from Villagers with support teams in timely fashion by telephoning or sending email reminders or notices regarding transportation requests, handyperson requests, appointments, and registrations
- Maintaining the equipment loan closet, checking equipment in (e.g., wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower benches), and helping residents check out equipment
- Cleaning and restocking the equipment room
- Preparing sig- in sheets for movement classes, taking them to the movement class location, and retrieving them after the class
- Helping facilitate special events, planning, setting up tables/chairs, and coordinating volunteers
- Scheduling weekly drivers and handyperson coordinators
- Updating receptionist and driver manuals on an ongoing basis
- Providing orientation for volunteers and welcome packets for new residents
- Maintaining room schedules and office supplies
Accountability: Position reports to the Administrative Coordinator and collaborates with the Executive Director
Application: Explore our website www.fearringtoncares.org prior to submitting an application. If you’re interested in contributing to our mission as an employee in our organization, please send a cover letter to email@example.com and attach a resume or biography outlining your skill set and employment history to help us understand why you are uniquely qualified to join our dynamic team. Salary range is $16-19/hour. Please include a phone number where we may contact you.
The position will remain open until it is filled.