PITTSBORO, NC – In light of Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order and the North Carolina State of Emergency, all Chatham County Library locations will be closed to the public beginning March 17, 2020, until further notice. This decision reinforces the interest of protecting vulnerable community members and preventing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Chatham County Library patrons are asked to note the following until further notice:
- Holds on library resources will be suspended.
- No fines will be accrued as of March 13, 2020. Your patience is requested while we work to reflect these updates to the tracking system.
- Book donations to the Chatham County Library are also on hold.
- Programing, meetings and events offered by or hosted at Chatham County Libraries are suspended.
- Don’t forget to check out Chatham County Library online resources(www.chathamnc.org/library-
The decision to close the county’s libraries was a difficult one, as much of the community depends on the services the libraries provide. However, the county’s commitment to the safety of its staff and residents is foremost.
The Chatham County Library would like to thank its patrons for their patience and looks forward to resuming normal operating hours and programing in the near future.
For more information about the new coronavirus and Chatham’s response, visit www.chathamnc.org/coronavirus.