Sweeps: College Student Movers & More (Including Computer Help)
Delightful college student movers and more. Started at UNC, hire local students to assist with moving, odd jobs and various projects, from computer support help to furniture assembly to yard work.
While not professionals (and not the best fit for moving pianos or priceless antiques), Sweepers are smart, strong, and eager to help make moving day a success. Simple and intuitive online process from posting to payment. Reserve months in advance or for the same day.
No up-front charges, pay once the job is done. No hidden fees. Pay only for the time worked. Pay and tip in a secure, cashless transaction after the job. Get an estimate and post your job in minutes. Sweepers in your area are notified and matched to your job. Review Sweeper profiles and job details before confirming. It’s easy to edit, comment, or reschedule at any point.
How Sweeps Works
- Post Your Job Online at SWEEPS.
- The details in the form help us award the best Sweepers based on the scope and type of job. Use referral code karenm4992 and Fearrington Cares earns credit for our next job at the Center.
- Confirm Your Job via Email/Internet
- You will be asked to confirm your job once we have awarded the requested number of Sweepers.
- Review, then put a Payment “on Hold”
Once the job is completed, review your Sweepers’ timesheets and only pay once you’re satisfied.
- Sweeps has a one-hour minimum charge per Sweeper. Beyond that, the rate is charged to the nearest 15 minutes. You will have a chance to review timesheets and your invoice once the job is completed.
- Sweeps requires a credit card to post a job. We do this for safety reasons and to ensure payment. Credit card information is not stored on our servers and is managed by a secure third-party, Stripe.
- You may cancel or reschedule your job at any point. If you cancel a confirmed job within 24 hours of its’ scheduled start time, Sweeps will charge a 1 hour cancellation fee per Sweeper.
- Payment is handled securely online once a job is completed, so there is no need for cash on the job. You’ll have the chance to review timesheets before payment is processed.
- Sweeps carries General Liability and Bonding insurance.