Fearrington Cares Nursing Services & Referrals
In-Home Care Referrals: Consult with Karen Metzguer, the Nurse at Fearrington Cares for referrals to medical services and for referrals and advice about housing options and personal care services.
Registered Nurse Services at the Fearrington Cares Center: Fearrington Cares offers the services of a Registered Nurse without charge to Fearrington Village residents right here in the Village during nursing hours. You can drop by the Center (9:00 a. m. to noon) or call for an appointment or a phone consultation.
No Fee or Membership Required for Our Services! Donations, while appreciated, are not required to use our services. Your support, as a volunteer and a donor, covers a portion of the costs.
FEARRINGTON CARES NURSING SERVICES INCLUDE
- First aid
- Needs assessment
- Home visits for homebound residents
- Injections (limited)
- Patient education for self-care
- Referrals to medical services
- Referrals and advice about in-home personal care services
- Suture removal
- Tick bite care
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Foot Care Clinic for diabetics and frail elderly individuals – FOOT CARE CLINIC IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY – call the Fearrington Cares Center for more information
- Blood pressure checks– any day during nursing hours
Fearrington Cares is a unique program created more than 28 years ago; our mission is to help residents of Fearrington Village live healthy and meaningful lives. We can do this without charge because of our small army of eager volunteers and our on-staff Registered Nurse, who provide support for those times when you need a bit (or a lot) of extra help and a caring smile. We are a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization and offer a range of services, information, and referrals.