A joint hurricane relief response effort between Fearrington Cares and the Fearrington Homeowners Association (FHA) is being coordinated by Fearrington Cares; Karen Metzguer will be the point person for this effort. Service groups, clubs, and organizations in Fearrington are strongly encouraged to join the effort by forwarding electronic communications about the drive to their members and encouraging participation.
NOTE THAT ONLY THESE ITEMS CAN BE ACCEPTED
- Non-perishable food items (no glass jars)
- Pop-top canned goods (some people may not have an accessable can opener)
- Diapers (baby and adult)
- Baby wipes
- Clorox wipes
- Flashlights and batteries
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Cleaning supplies (brooms, cotton mops, pails/buckets, sponges, scrub brushes, garbage bags, rubber gloves)
- Personal hygiene items (toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, gel soap, bar soap, shampoo, deodorant, band-aids)
Thank you for your participation. If you are unavailable on Friday the 5th consider giving items to a participating neighbor for delivery.
Money: Checks will be collected made payable to either the American Red Cross or the Salvation Army. Alternatively, you may donate directly to the American Red Cross (1-800-733-2767, www.redcross.org) or the Salvation Army (1-800-725-2769, salvationarmy.org) who both depend on financial donations to provide disaster relief.