Fearrington Cares volunteer drivers provide limited (within a 25-mile radius) transportation for the following needs:
- Bank deposits and check cashing
- CPA or lawyer visits
- Medical services including but not limited to doctors, therapists and dentists
- Grocery shopping or grocery pick up
- Short Term Mail pickup
- Meal pickup and delivery in the Village
- Medical equipment pick up from Fearrington Cares
- Rides to scheduled events in Fearrington Village
To request a ride, please call the center (919-542-6877) at least two days and no more than two weeks before your appointment. You can call any day or anytime and leave a message in the Transportation mailbox.
If the center phone is not answered, leave a message. Include your name, phone number, the date and time you need to be picked up, destination, and time for your return ride. Volunteer drivers retrieve the voice mail messages early morning and early evening each day.
A volunteer Driver will contact you directly to make arrangements for your ride.
Please be aware the Transportation service cannot provide rides to the airport and social or cultural events away from Fearrington. Also, the volunteer Drivers cannot carry wheelchairs in their cars.