Fearrington Cares volunteer drivers provide limited (within a 25-mile radius) transportation for the following needs:
- Bank deposits and check cashing
- CPA or lawyer visits
- Medical services including but not limited to doctors, therapists and dentists
- Grocery shopping or grocery pick up
- Short Term Mail pickup
- Meal pickup and delivery in the Village
- Medical equipment pick up from Fearrington Cares
- Limited rides (1 per wk.) to Fearrington Cares scheduled events
- Limited rides (2-3 per wk.) to visit family members who have been hospitalized or are in rehab on a short term basis.
To request a ride, please call the center (919-542-6877) at least two days and no more than two weeks before your appointment. We are unable to provide emergency or same day transportation. We strongly encourage you to call and request a ride when the Center is open. Voice mail messages can be left after hours if necessary. This is a list of resources, compiled September of 2017 that can be used for same day transportation needs as well as transportation to events outside the scope of Fearrington Cares. Click here for Transportation Alternatives
If the center phone is not answered, leave a message. Include your name, phone number, the date and time you need to be picked up, destination, and time for your return ride. Messages are retrieved each morning and early evening each day.
A volunteer Driver will contact you directly to make arrangements for your ride.
Please be aware the Transportation service cannot provide rides to the airport and social or cultural events away from Fearrington. Also, the volunteer Drivers cannot carry wheelchairs in their cars. See the link above for other transportation alternatives.