There’s never a charge for first aid or nursing services for Fearrington Village residents.
For medical emergencies, contact your personal physician, go to an urgent care facility, or call 911.
A registered nurse is currently available at the Fearrington Cares Center two days a week. Please call us at 919-542-6877 on weekdays between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm to schedule an appointment.
Fearrington Cares offers free nursing consultation for first aid, blood pressure checks, tick removal, suture removal (if you bring a suture removal kit provided by your surgeon), and consultations regarding medical services and in-home care services. Our nurse does not remove splinters or perform any procedure that breaks the skin, with the limited exception of injections.
Our nursing services:
- Bite care and tick removal
- Blood pressure checks
- Discussion of and suggestions for obtaining medical services
- Fall risk screening, provided by a nurse/physical therapist team
- First aid
- Injections (limited to when a resident has already been receiving injections)
- Needs assessment
- Patient education for self-care
- Referrals and advice about personal care services
- Referrals to medical services
- Review of patient teaching for self-care
- Suture removal
- Wound care and dressing changes