There’s never a charge for first aid or nursing services for Fearrington Village residents.
For medical emergencies, contact your personal physician, go to an urgent care facility, or call 911.
A registered nurse is available at the Fearrington Cares Center weekdays from 9 am to noon
Call us at 919-542-6877 if you’d like to see the nurse in the triage clinic. You’ll be seen on the day you call if you can be here before noon.
Fearrington Cares offers free nursing consultation for first aid, blood pressure checks, tick removal, suture removal (if you bring a suture removal kit provided by your surgeon), and consultations regarding medical services and in-home care services. Our nurse does not remove splinters or perform any procedure that breaks the skin, with the limited exception of injections.
Home visits are available by appointment each weekday.
Our nursing services:
- Bite care and tick removal
- Blood pressure checks
- Discussion of and suggestions for obtaining medical services
- Fall risk screening, provided by a nurse/physical therapist team
- First aid
- Home visits for homebound residents
- Injections (limited to when a resident has already been receiving injections)
- Needs assessment
- Patient education for self-care
- Referrals and advice about personal care services
- Referrals to medical services
- Review of patient teaching for self-care
- Suture removal
- Wound care and dressing changes