There’s never a charge for first aid or nursing services for Fearrington Village residents.
For medical emergencies, contact your personal physician, go to an urgent care facility, or call 911.
A registered nurse is available at the Fearrington Cares Center weekdays from 9 am to noon. Our nurse does not remove splinters or perform any procedure that breaks the skin, with the limited exception of injections.
The walk-in clinic is available for fully vaccinated residents only. If you’re not fully vaccinated, you must call for an appointment. Please adhere to our COVID safety protocol.
Nursing consultations: The walk-in clinic is open for fully vaccinated residents Monday through Friday from 9 am until noon. You must make an appointment if you’re not fully vaccinated.
Home visits are available by appointment each weekday from 12 noon to 3 pm.
Our nursing services:
- Bite care and tick removal
- Blood pressure checks
- Discussion of and suggestions for obtaining medical services
- Fall risk screening, provided by a nurse/physical therapist team
- First aid
- Foot care clinic for frail and elderly residents and those with diabetes; appointments are required
- Home visits for homebound residents
- Injections (limited to when a resident has already been receiving injections)
- Needs assessment
- Patient education for self-care
- Referrals and advice about personal care services
- Referrals to medical services
- Review of patient teaching for self-care
- Suture removal
- Wound care and dressing changes