There’s never a charge for first aid or nursing services for Fearrington Village residents.
For medical emergencies, contact your personal physician, go to an urgent care facility, or call 911.
A registered nurse is available at the Fearrington Cares Center weekdays from 9 am to noon. Our nurse does not remove splinters or perform any procedure that breaks the skin, with the limited exception of injections.
The walk-in clinic is available for fully vaccinated residents only. If you’re not fully vaccinated, you must call for an appointment. Please adhere to our COVID safety protocol.
Nursing consultations and home visits are available by appointment each weekday from 12 noon to 3 pm.
Our nursing services:
- Bite care and tick removal
- Blood pressure checks
- Discussion of and suggestions for obtaining medical services
- Fall risk screening, provided by a nurse/physical therapist team
- First aid
- Foot care clinic for frail and elderly residents and those with diabetes; appointments are required
- Home visits for homebound residents
- Injections (limited to when a resident has already been receiving injections)
- Needs assessment
- Patient education for self-care
- Referrals and advice about personal care services
- Referrals to medical services
- Review of patient teaching for self-care
- Suture removal
- Wound care and dressing changes