Fearrington Cares offers the services of a Registered Nurse right here in the Village during office hours. You can drop by between 9:00 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday, or call the center (919-542-6877) for an appointment or phone consultation. Nursing consultation and home visits by appointment: Noon until 3:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Nursing services are offered without charge to Fearrington Village residents of all ages.
For medical emergencies contact your personal physician or call 911.
Available services include:
- First Aid
- Needs assessment
- Home visits for homebound residents
- Injections (limited)
- Patient teaching for self-care
- Referrals to medical services
- Referrals and advice about housing options and personal care services
- Suture removal
- Bite care
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Fall Risk Assessment (provided by a nurse/physical therapist team?
- Foot Care Clinic for diabetics and frail elderly individuals – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY – call 919-542-6877 for more information
- Blood pressure checks – any day during center hours (Monday–Friday from 9:00 a.m. to noon)