THE FEARRINGTON CARES CENTER WILL BE CLOSED MONDAY, JANUARY 21, 2019 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Volunteers Always Needed and Welcome! Fearrington Cares can always use more volunteer drivers, handy people, computer jocks, and Fearrington Friends. If you have any interest in or questions about volunteering, please call the Center (919-542-6877).
- Join Our Movement Classes in January! Regular movement and stretches help keep you healthy. We provide classes for you every weekday from 11:30 a.m.—12:30 pm. The 2019 classes began on January 07th. See this MOVEMENT CLASSES poster for class descriptions and class schedules.
- MONDAYS — Chair Yoga Mondays, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Come welcome Tim Keim (one of our two newest movement instructors). Tim is a Pittsboro resident and an IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist & Ayurvedic Health Counselor with 25 years of experience, See his personal profile.
- TUESDAYS — Qi Gong: Easy Movements to Reduce Stress and Increase Vitality with Patrick Marron (one of our two newest movement instructors) Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Six-week pilot: January 08, 2019—February 12th. View this short introduction.
- Education Program Ageless Dentistry and Your Health Jan. 24, 1:30 p.m. at The Gathering Place. Dr. Allen Samuelson, Professor and Director of the Geriatric Dental Clinic at the UNC School of Dentistry, will share helpful knowledge and advice to preserve your teeth and reduce the risk of other health problems. See this poster for more detail.
- Learn Bystander CPR at The Gathering Place (Registration is required.). Friday, February 01 & Thursday, February 14 at 9:00 a.m. to Noon, or 1:00 pm. to 4:00 p.m. Also on Saturday, February 02 at 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. Call the Fearrington Cares Center (919-542-6877) for more information or to register for a class. The American Heart Association charges $45 per person, which is payable at the class.
- Especially during the winter season, Duke Energy (soon to be Dominion Energy) encourages everyone to have a plan should another severe storm cause extended power outages. You can sign up for outage alerts by texting REG to 57801 or enroll online.
- FREE Computer Classes During January and February 2019 at the Chatham County Public Library in Pittsboro. See this News item for complete details.
- The Chatham County Council on Aging seeks someone to serve as an alternate representative to the NC Senior Tar Heel Legislature (STHL), which provides a united voice for older residents on important state policy and funding issues. The deadline to express interest is January 28, 2019. See our News story here.